Current Affairs 10th February 2017 - Important Points
- Which association tied up with Welspun India Ltd. to promote cotton products across the world - Egypt Association
- Which state has started with its first National Women's Parliament - Andhra Pradesh
- When is National Deworming Day observed in India - 10th February
- Sir Peter Mansfield passed away, he was a - Nobel laureate
Current Affairs 10th February 2017 - Details
Which association tied up with Welspun India Ltd. to promote cotton products across the world - Egypt Association
Egypt Associationtied up with Welspun India Ltd. to promote Egyptian cotton products across the worldon 9 February 2017.
Key Points :
- Welspun India Ltd and Cotton Egypt Association will work together to create programsto promote Egyptian cotton logo in the retail markets across the world.
- Welspun India Ltd-an innovations driven company, will be using this cotton logo for next 5 years i.e. till 2022.
- It will work on complete enhancement of entire cycle of cotton from cultivation to end product.
Which state has started with its first National Women's Parliament - Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh began its first National Women’s Parliament on 10th February in its new capital, Amravati.
Important Highlights :
- Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly organized the three-day conference with a theme 'Empowering Women - Strengthening Democracy'.
- Over 91 women parliamentarians, 401 legislators, 300 social and corporate sector women leaders from India and abroad are expected to attend the event, according to Assembly Speaker KodelaSivaprasada Rao.
- This parliament would also be conferring the 'International Woman Icon of the World' award and 12 best young achievers awards to women, who have been excelled in different fields.
When is National Deworming Day observed in India - 10th February
National Deworming Day is observed on 10th February 2017 in India with an objective to curb worm infections among children.
Do you know -
- India owns the highest burden of worm infections in the world as per WHO estimation in 2014(Over 22 crorechildren aging 1-14 yearswere at risk in India).
- Albendazole 400 mg tablet is promoted as an effective solution to controlling worm infections.
- Some children might experience nausea, mild abdominal pain, diarrhea fatigueandvomiting.
- It promotes maintaining healthy and hygienic practices help children and communities.
Sir Peter Mansfield passed away, he was a - Nobel laureate
Nobel laureate Sir Peter Mansfield pass away on 8 February 2017 in London, England. He was 83 years old at the time of death.
Interesting Facts about Peter Mansfield
- Sir Peter Mansfield, an English physicist won 2003 Nobel Prize for Physiology and Medicine for developing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- He discovered, how fast imaging could be possible by developing the MRI protocol called echo-planar imaging.