Current Affairs 4th February 2017 - Important Points
- World Cancer Day is observed on – 4th Feb
- World Wetlands Day observed on - 2nd February
- When did Indian Institutes of Information Technology Bill (amendment) approve - 4th Feb 2017
- Who has been appointed as Pakistan's new Foreign Secretary on 4th Feb 2017 - Abdul Basit
Current Affairs 4th February 2017 - Details
World Cancer Day is observed on – 4th Feb
World Cancer day is observed on 4th Feb every year across the globe. The theme for the World Cancer Day 2016-2018 is 'We can. I can.' It elaborates, how we all can do our part to reduce the global burden of cancercollectively and individually. It aims raising awareness of cancer and to encourage its prevention, detection and treatment.
Do You Know :
- World Cancer Day was founded bya leading international non-governmental organization named, Union for International Cancer Control (UICC).
- The basic objective behind this World Cancer Day is to aim the World Cancer Declaration written in 2008.
World Wetlands Day observed on - 2nd February
2nd February each year is World Wetlands day.
- The World Wetlands Day is observed globally on 2ndFebruary 2017. The event aims the theme 'Wetlands for Disaster Risk Reduction’, by raising the awareness of healthy wetlands in reducing the impacts of extreme events such as floods, droughts and cyclones on communities.
- It was established to raise awareness about the value of wetlands for humanity and the planet.
- Its mission is to raise awareness among decision-makers and the public at large of the importance of water resources through a portfolio of projects and educational products
When did Indian Institutes of Information Technology Bill (amendment) approve - 4th Feb 2017
The Information Technology Bill was approved by the Union Cabinet on 4th Feb 2017. This bill includes Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM), Kurnool along with the other IIITs in the Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act, 2014.
Additionally, IITDM is declared as an institute of National Importance with the power to award degrees to students.
Do you know about IITDM -
- It is an autonomous institute which is fully funded by the Union Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD).
- It is an institute with academic, research, hostel, and recreational facilities.
- IITDMKhas commenced Academic sessionin two branches of study in 2015-16.
- IITDMK will be relocated to Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh after the creatingnecessary infrastructure.
Important Highlights about Information Technology Act, 2014
It aims to set up IIITs to improve quality of human resources, within the information technology sector at par with global standards.
It grants 'Institute of National Importance' status to four IIITs. They are –
- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram
Who has been appointed as Pakistan's new Foreign Secretary on 4th Feb 2017 - Abdul Basit
On 4th February 2017, Abdul Basit was appointed as new Foreign Secretary of Pakistan. He replaced Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry who has been designated as Pakistan's ambassador to the US by The Nawaz Sharif government.